As a private practitioner, I offer services to clients in three broad areas: career services, college planning, and educational consulting. Specific descriptions about the services I offer are outlined below.
My career service clients include new professionals seeking a first job, career changers looking for more meaningful employment, high school students looking for direction, experienced professionals looking to land a promotion, and many others. I offer a wide variety of career services to my clients including but not limited to:
- Career Exploration
- Career and Interest Assessment
- Job Search Coaching
- Career Management
- Résumé and Cover Letter Development
- Interview Preparation
- Guidance Related to Career and Workplace Issues
My approach to providing career services is systematic in nature and utilizes best practice in career development; encompassing all aspects of our lives including the impact work has on our relationships, home lives, family commitments, financial stability, leisure activities, and our overall well-being. Beginning with our initial appointment, I will seek to best understand how all of these elements interact in your particular situation so that I can provide appropriate services.
My clients include high school students contemplating college, parents trying to provide support, and professionals seeking to enhance their skills and marketability. Together we can explore your interests and career goals, research the options, and develop a plan of action. My aim is to ensure that you have the best information, guidance, and support at every stage of the process from identifying the optimal program to completing the application to making the transition to college study. The following are examples of services that I offer:
- College Exploration and Admissions Planning for High School Students
- Support, Information, and Resources for Parents
- Planning for Graduate and Professional School
- Professional Development Planning for Education Professionals
- College Planning for Career Changers
As a consultant, I offer the following primary services:
- Workshops and Seminars: Designed specifically for the needs of your organization, I offer hour-long, half-day, and full-day workshops, or extended professional development seminars. Recent presentations have centered around: career development (résumé writing, career management strategies, the job search, interview preparation), and college planning (the college admissions process, choosing a major, transition to college).
- Curriculum Development: With specific training in curriculum and instruction, I have successfully developed courses for use in public schools, undergraduate programs, graduate programs, and business and community settings. Previous consulting work has allowed me to serve as a curriculum evaluator; determining the correlation of specific curricular programs to established standards.
- Transition Program Development: Academic, career, and life transitions require support, information, and directed guidance. Whether preparing a high school student for life after high school, helping a first-year college student successfully transition into college, or supporting the graduating college senior in their first job search, developmental services must be available. Having successfully developed broad transition programming at the K-12 and university level, I can offer you support and guidance as you develop programs to serve the needs of your community.
In addition to being a general practitioner, I offer specialized services to the following:
- High School Students and Their Families
- Undergraduate and Graduate Students
- Young Professionals
- Educators in K-12, University, Professional Association, and Non-Profit Settings